Yes. Yes of course she does.
I sat down this morning to check on Helen’s Ontario Extend work to see if I could award her a badge. I have now completed checking her work in the Teacher for Learning module. There was never any doubt in my mind.
Here was my process:
Navigate through the Teacher for Learning module until I get to an “Extend Activity”. Click “Take it To the Bank”. Scroll through the responses. Has Helen submitted one? YUP!
There you will see a link to a post on her blog which is a response to the activity. Repeat this process 8 times. Each time, it’s a yes. All of them wonderful responses. Here’s the evidence:
- Identifying a concept that is often misunderstood in a discipline and created an analogy to help make sense of it
- Creating a concept map of a syllabus for a course
- Practicing note taking skills
- Brainstorming a list of “What’s in it for me?” from a student perspective
- Identifying a concept in a discipline that is like driving a car and specified the component skills that are required to master this concept of skill
- Creating an introductory activity, connected to a discipline, to get to know learners
- Finding a nugget and making it as meaningful as possible
- Articulating a metaphor to describe their teaching philosophy
Take your badge, Helen! More to come!
Who’s next? Apply for your badges at the end of each module, like here for example.