Stephen Hurley of VoicEd Radio, likely sick of me sending him new podcast recordings to release on his platform, recently upgraded his Spreaker account to allow me access to publish new episodes myself. An extra bonus is that I can now see the stats.
I was curious to see which was the most listened to episode of my main podcast: Gettin’ Air: The Open Pedagogy Podcast. And surprised at the answer! Not that I think the all time leader is not worthy. When it comes to shmooshing technology and learning together, he is probably one of the world’s best. No hyperbole in that statement. It’s just, you know, look at the list of guests! There are some big names on there!
So I took it to Twitter, to annoy people into guessing who it was at the top of the list. The suggestions were the ones I would have guessed, too! Maha Bali, Audrey Watters, Sheri Spelic, Bonni Stachowiak, Robin DeRosa. All absolutely fantastic guests, but not the number one. Not today anyway. Some of these episodes deserve more listens!
Sure thing, Jesse! Now keep in mind that these are the stats for downloads of the podcast. Gettin’ Air is also a radio show on voiced.ca, and I don’t have those stats. An episode may have had a decent showing of live listeners when it was broadcast. Who knows? I do believe there is some weird luck going on in the timing of the release sometimes. It’s like a game of Plinko sometimes. This would all be moot if everyone just listened to every episode. OK?
So let’s see that list!
- John Stewart: Assistant Director for the Office of Digital Learning at the University of Oklahoma
- Chad Flinn: Student advocate and Open Pedagogy enthusiast
- Audrey Watters: Writer at Hack Education
- Jim Groom: Co-founder of Reclaim Hosting
- Jesse Stommel: Founder @HybridPed @DigPedLab
- Catherine Cronin: Ireland’s National Forum for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Lee Skallerup Bessette: Learning Design Specialist at Georgetown
- Sheri Spelic: The Edified Listener
- Mia Zamora: Associate Professor of English and Director of the MA in Writing Studies at Kean University
- Frances Bell and Anne-Marie Scott: The FemEdTEch Quilt
There you have it! The list will likely need to be updated once Robin DeRosa’s mom gets in on this, so stay tuned!
And tune in soon for new episodes from Valerie Irvine and Tim Owens! As always, if you are interested in being a guest on the show, I’d love to set something up (even if you’ve been on before!). Get in touch!