Daily Create 1940: The Worst Decision.
Without a doubt the worst move I’ve ever made was getting involved in this online cesspool known as ds106. It’s really quite disgusting. Here are some of the drawbacks I have endured:
- Got to know strange Internet characters and interacted with them and have maybe even been able to call them friends. Weirdos with strange names like cogdog and Talky Tina and Jim Groom.
- Got help from and learned new skills from these same Internet characters.
- Practiced with and got much better at many uselesss tools like Photoshop, WordPress and general Internetting and other useless skills like writing and sharing. (is sharing a skill? I think so.)
- Found new favorite writers to follow like Hack Education, Gardner Campbell and the aforementioned Internet weirdos.
- Found other weird communities to get stuff from and give stuff to like Creative Commons and Virtually Connecting.
- Generally fallen for sharing things through the Internet thing, probably annoying everyone who comes into contact with this stuff.
- Probably a bunch of other things that I’m too emotional to remember right now.
Thanks a lot ds106.
Faetured image: “Bad” flickr photo by nathanmac87 https://flickr.com/photos/nathanmac87/7571070554 shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license